The City of Shelbyville was named in honor of Isaac Shelby, Kentucky Governor
and Indian fighter. The city was incorporated in 1850. Shelbyville is conveniently
located just 33 miles south east of Indianapolis. Learn More
The town of Fairland was founded in 1852 and incorporated in 1866. The town is
conveniently located 15 minutes outside of Indianapolis and lies within the Indianapolis
Metropolitan area. Learn More
Established in 1828, Morristown was the third town laid out in the Shelby County
area. Located between Greenfield and Shelbyville, the town has easy access to State
Road 9 and 52. Learn More
Waldron sits approximately 9 miles southeast of downtown Shelbyville. The town
is conveniently located between Shelbyville and Greensburg along Interstate 74.
Established in 1854, the town was originally named Stroupville after George Stroup
who laid out the land on the line of CI, St. L and C railroad in Liberty Township.
Marietta is located approximately 15 minutes southwest of downtown Shelbyville.
This town popped up several years ago as a railroad town. Learn More